- This event has passed.
First Fall Meetup
September 25 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
It’s been a long time, and between COVID and summer break, we are excited to welcome everyone back to the Ottawa Art Gallery Studio for our monthly meetups. Come hang out, drink coffee/tea, sketch/paint/whatever, and meet fellow Ottawa artists!
Here’s the plan for September 25:
- Introducing Show Ready 2023; a series of workshops and artist talks
- Paint Along; Kina will be bringing in some acrylic paints to play around with as a sort of “rain date” for a paint along that fell through. So if you want to mess around with some acrylic paints, come on over! The OAG Studio is equipped for it.
Reminder: Bring your own supplies
Unless we are running a workshop, everyone is expected to bring their own supplies. Generally this is a “drink and draw” atmosphere, where everyone brings whatever they have going on, and use the meet-up as an opportunity to create, chat, network, and socialize.
- The space is on the main floor, just past the cafe
- To get to the closest entrance, you’re entering from 10 Daly St, under the new condos to the left of Arts Court. You should see the cafe on your right as you enter. If you continue past the cafe, the room will be on your right just past the cafe
- If you come from the Mackenzie King side you’ll need to go to the opposite side of the building and down a floor. Ask around for how to get to the cafe and you’ll find your way
To those familiar with the space – please be available to help others find their way. There are a number of entrances and the space is quite large so there’s a good likelihood of folks getting lost.Also, please check out the rest of the gallery on your visit. There’s a lot of great art to see and it doesn’t cost anything to do so.
- There’s a paid parking garage across the street
- There’s free parking at city hall on the weekends
- On side streets around Daly/Besserer there are usually free spots as well
- Daly/Nicholas is the closest intersection, enter on the Daly St. entrance
- Alternatively, get off at the Mackenzie King station, then walk over the bridge towards Nicholas (northbound) then enter OAG on your left. Walk through the building to get to the space on the opposite side