- This event has passed.
Remixed Festival 2017
2017-09-16 @ 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Are you ready for this one? Celebrating the arts and multiculturalism, the Remixed Festival brings out the sweet spots and amazing artists present in our community.
On September 16th, grab your Remixed Map at festival centres and explore the Chinatown-Centretown neighbourhood’s shops, restaurants, and cafes to meet artists, catch shows, and browse vendor stalls. Stay tuned for a full list of artists and locations!
On the 16th, you can expect a series of activities and shows taking place at the following festival centres:
SHANGHAI RESTAURANT PARKING LOT
– Daytime Chinatown restaurant foodcompetitions
– Karaoke with Chinadoll
– Evening screenings by Birling skate shop and One World Film Festival.
SOMERSET STREET WEST (between Bay and Percy streets)
– Show tent area with daytime music and activities, followed by evening performances co-produced by Ottawa Showbox
– Big Rig Beer Garden in the Art House Café parking lot.
-Kids Zone with colouring, games, rideable animals and face and body painting.
– Vendor Market with kiosks by Revenswing, Ben Woodyard, Tess Giberson, Terra Velta, Gina Emdon, Judith’s Handmade Purses, and many more
-Art exhibits and meet and greet with artists in shops, cafes, and restaurants throughout the neighbourhood
This year’s Remixed Bird (the glorious rooster!) by Tom Pajdlhauser. Find @captain_tom on Instagram for more of his art
See you then!
The Remixed Collective would like to thank The City of Ottawa and the Ottawa Chinatown BIA for their generous support